Winslow Indian Health Care Center's N.E.T. Services, is located in the General Services Department which is located on the north end of WIHCC campus next to Finance department (former Urgent Care building), in grey trailer "A". Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. WIHCC continues to improve patient services with the addition of two vehicles obtained through the Northern Arizona Council of Governments under a Federal Transit Administration Grant in partnership with the Arizona Department of Transportation for transporting elderly and disabled. These vehicles will be running on a daily basis between the clinic locations of Leupp and Dilkon. Priority will be given to elderly and disable patients. Non-emergent transportation arrangement for patients with Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (American Indian Health Plan) is available.
* N.E.T. Service drivers are CPR certified.
* Each N.E.T vehicles are handicapped accessible.
* You may bring snacks for your all day appointments.
WIHCC Transportation Services
Patient transportation is not an automatically scheduled service. Patients must call Carolyn Tso, Non-emergent Transportation Coordinator to schedule transportation three days in advance of appointment.
Please have the following information ready when you call:
1. Your full name,
2. Current address
3. Phone number,
4. Date of appointment,
5. Type of appointment (doctor,
dentist, therapy, etc.)
RULES FOR RIDERSHIP
1. Seat belts must be worn at all times.
2. No standing or moving in aisle when van is in motion.
3. Patients exhibiting hazardous circumstances or high risk for falls will not be permitted to ride.
4. Van may not go to field clinics during inclement weather.
5. Priority will be given to elderly and disabled patients (including their caretakers).
a. Elderly patient are considered 60 years and older.
b. Disabled patients are considered to have a physical or physical impairment which substantially
limits one or more major life activities.
6. Only one (1) escort per patient.
7. Arrange for and have caretaker be available and ready to pick up the patient at the end of transport
Office Hours: 8:00-5:00 pm
For more information, please call
To meet the special needs of elderly individuals and individuals with disabilities, our vehicles are equipped with a wheelchair lift and a ramp that is compliant with ADA and NHTSA standards and specifications. This will ensure patients are safely transported.
Vehicles are equipped with state of the art technology to safely and reliably transport patients in a professional and respectful manner.
Transportation to and from Winslow Indian Health Care will be provided on a regularly scheduled basis at no cost to the patient.
All patients with a verified appointment are transported, however, priority will be given to elderly and disabled patients and their caretakers.